1. Donald Bren: As the chairman of the Irvine Company, Bren has a net worth of over $16 billion and has been consistently ranked as one of the wealthiest real estate investors in the world.
2. Sam Zell: Known as the “Grave Dancer” for his ability to find lucrative deals during market downturns, Zell has made billions through his investments in office buildings, apartments, and other properties.
3. Stephen Ross: Founder and chairman of Related Companies, Ross has developed numerous high-profile projects, including the Hudson Yards in New York City. His net worth stands at approximately $7 billion.
4. Lee Shau Kee: The founder and chairman of Henderson Land Development, Lee is a prominent investor in Hong Kong’s real estate market. His estimated net worth exceeds $30 billion.
5. Harry Triguboff: As the founder and managing director of Meriton, Australia’s largest apartment developer, Triguboff has amassed a fortune and is considered one of Australia’s most successful real estate investors.
6. Gerald D. Hines: Founder of Hines, a global real estate investment firm, Hines has been instrumental in the development of iconic properties such as Houston’s Galleria and New York’s One57.
7. Peter Lowy: As the former CEO of Westfield Corporation, Lowy played a significant role in expanding the company’s reach globally, specializing in shopping center investments.
8. Zhang Xin: Co-founder and CEO of SOHO China, one of China’s largest commercial real estate developers, Zhang has become a trailblazer in the Chinese real estate market and an influential figure in the industry.
9. Francis Greenburger: Founder and CEO of Time Equities, Greenburger has built a portfolio of properties spanning across residential, retail, and office sectors in major cities around the world.
10. Ron Wanek: A co-founder of Ashley Furniture, Wanek has invested in commercial and residential properties, amassing a significant real estate portfolio over the years.